I know I saw you recently when I visited home

It had been months and I had forgotten because I was in town

Now I remember those nights when we just stared at each other in silence and bliss

I know you haven’t forgotten, forgotten any of this


At first glance a floodgate of memories was suddenly released

Of nights I danced, kissed and stood wonderfully pleased

As you looked steadily upon my curves

And I would shiver and you would rock my nerves


So many nights I watched you in awe

At first you looked so pale, like nothing I ever saw

So many times I have watched you glow

Shining so brightly, so lovely… I know


I remember sitting on my front doorstep waiting eagerly for you

And when you came you were born anew

For my heart and soul would be filled with pride

Because at least for the night you would be by my side

You often left by daybreak while I was asleep

But sometimes when I was lucky I would steal a little peek


Before you went away, before you left

And I would say to myself “You are the best”

Even though I know you left to please someone else

The thought didn’t shake me, it didn’t tingle my slightest sense


And when I see you those thoughts are history

How do you do that? It still remains a mystery

In the days I yearned for you

But no nostalgia could make that wish come true


For I had to wait again until night

When I would have you here in my sight

I didn’t mind though as long as you returned

To shine your light upon my face to make my emotions burn


To be in your presence even for a week

gives me all the happiness that I seek

Some call me crazy, others simply say I am a fool

But when you know things like I do, you play by the rule


For the moon is something that we all have to share

None of us can keep it… it goes everywhere


Comments

Post a Comment