And Now... Presenting... The Inaugural 'Amazing Prospects' Scholarship for Excellence

 


Making a presentation to Kasian as her mom, Vanessa, and Mr. Dingwall, Principal of Prospect Primary look on.

Last year, I enthusiastically announced that in 2020, I’d roll out a scholarship for the top student at Prospect Primary, my community school that’s tucked away in the cool hills of North Central Clarendon. 

This scholarship would mark the 10th anniversary of my ‘Amazing Prospects’ charitable initiative, and make a bold statement on the power of having a vision, the life-changing benefits of collaboration, and the importance of giving back and making a mark on the world. 

Who would've thought that we’d be battling a pandemic and struggling to stay motivated as we wade through lockdowns, quarantine and all the craziness that COVID-19 has brought?

As time ticked on, it scared me to think I wouldn't be able to keep my word to deliver the scholarship. Donors who had happily pitched in over the years were unable to support for various reasons, and understandably so as we're all adjusting to the shock of the pandemic.  

Thankfully, a handful of loyal supporters helped me to keep hope alive. This week, with their help, I presented the inaugural Amazing Prospects Scholarship for Excellence valued at JM$50,000 to Kasian Palmer, who will be starting Westwood High (one of the top 10 high schools in Jamaica) next month!

Even in uncertain times, our courage to defy the odds is what will make a compelling life story. Let’s show up, keep hope alive, and leave a trail of inspiration for generations to come!